Monday, June 15, 2009

On that which makes me most like a hippie.

I try hard not to kill bugs.

Of course any human-sized person that goes for walks and is willing to drive a car and doesn't constantly monitor every movement will end up killing bugs. But I don't step on ants if I can avoid it. When bugs are on me, I try to get them off me without hurting them. My wife even bought a bug catcher from PETA so that when she screams in horror at a bug in our house, she can alert me and I can release the bug into the wild. I don't even like seeing other people kill bugs. I do not rationalize this or explain it or justify it. When I stopped eating meat, for some reason I could no longer bring myself to deliberately hurt bugs either.

This has been on that which makes me most like a hippie.

No comments:

Post a Comment